Other Bits

May 23, 2007

Lots of people (girls and boys) said they felt guilty about eating chocolate so I made some small bars of chocolate for the Guilt object and also here is the picture of teddy (for the Love object).

Advertisements

Test Piece Packaging

May 23, 2007

Some packaging I made for the test pieces.

Pic 1 – Test pieces in jars with labels on strings made from shirring elastic and beads
Pic 2 – Jars in plain white cardboard box
Pic 3 – Box lid

Record Sleeves

May 23, 2007

As well as the labels I photographed the inner and outer sleeves of the records and used these to create tiny inner and outer sleeves for the tiny records.

Pic 1 – Tiny Led Zeppelin IV outer sleeve
Pic 2 – White paper inner
Pic 3 – Six albums, inner sleeves and outer sleeves

Records

May 23, 2007

After pressing out the records I baked them and added labels before glazing them with shiny sealant. I got the labels by photographing my actual records and printing them off really small, after a bit of photoshopping.

Pic 1 – Baked record with label added
Pic 2 – Adding shiny glaze



So that’s the main objects covered.

I had the best time making tiny vinyl records to put in the Joy object and here’s what happened.

I wanted to make grooves in the records and I thought that coiling wire round a cone would make the wire spiral out, but it was rubbish. I couldn’t make it work at all. I also tried winding the wire round itself, but it was still not workable.

I spent a bit of time pressing items in my house into Fimo to look for an idea and masking tape gave a good effect, so I made a tool out of a handle of a modeling tool with masking tape wrapped round. I tried pressing Fimo with it and it looked great but when I pressed the other side I lost detail so I realise I had to make another identical tool.

Pic 1 – Attempt at creating grooves with wire & cone
Pic 2 – Tool made from masking tape
Pic 3 – Tool prints
Pic 4 – Two tools pressing record


Love – Part 2

May 23, 2007

I made a triangular window out of balsa wood and cut a piece of glass to fit. Even though the window looks quite big it is quite hard to get much inside this object.

Pic 1 – Frame construction.
Pic 2 – Gluing frames
Pic 3 – Window in place, item fully covered in pink Fimo and baked, piece of beaded embroidery thread added to open door.
Pic 4 – Window open. I have also added a hook for the string so you can hook the bead over it and hold the door open

Love – Part 1

May 23, 2007

This object had a wireform and some unwanted Fimo as a base. I chose a heart shape as it just seemed like the obvious choice.

Pic 1 – Wireform bent to shape
Pic 2 – Wireform with first layer of Fimo
Pic 3 – Final colour of Fimo being applied